Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jealous


photo by PSC

Jealous
(is what I am)
of the girl
in the blue kayak
skimming swiftly,
floating slowly,
sitting still and silent
in green sanctuary
birches, maples and oaks
lulled by bullfrog hum,
thrum of dragonflies, embraced
by yellow pond lilies, while I
tromp the trail along the shore
anchored to earth by heavy boots,
leaden, laden; driving by later
on my way to somewhere
else, I glimpse a flash of blue
between the leaves and am
coveting still, her quiet peace
dreaming, desiring only to be,
like a feather floating on the surface
bobbing, drifting in the breeze
one with the wind
and the
water
 

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand this sentiment. Great poem too.You make me wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mosk! Wish I was there too! :-)) Maybe later this week....

      Delete