Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Posting Something Now and Then (PAD - DAY 6)



Posting Something Now and Then

 

I visited my father today.

(Or perhaps, more apt: He visited me.)

 

In 1978, a middle-of-the-night phone call

(never a good sign) told me he had passed.

At that time, digital photography,

computers and the internet

were barely a blip on the screen of my future life,

and never to be a part of his.

 

The only “online” we shared

was with a fishing pole – he laughing

over turtles nibbling the lure from my line

 and fleeing before I ever learned they were there.

 

Imagine my surprise

wandering my favorite haunt today,

seeking inspiration,

finding some pictures he'd posted

on my local site.

 


All photos by PSC / 2013-APR-06

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


POEM: (by PSC) Prompted by Robert Lee Brewer's Poetic Asides PAD Challenge for April:

 2013-april-pad-challenge-day-6: a "post" poem

 

 ~

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment