Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Tired of It All

photo & edit by PSC / 2018

Tired of It All

I’ve had it up to here
with hyperbole, my dear –
biggest egos, bigger lies.
(Do they think we’re that unwise?)

I’ve had my fill
of fault and finger pointing.
(Not a one will claim the shame
if there’s someone else to blame.)

Mudslinging and name calling –
the whole country’s just appalling.
(Have we lost our old ability
to respond with some civility?)

I’m just fed up
with the fury and the fire.
All this ballyhoo and blather
is just something that I’d rather
not behold.
It’s getting old.

Rude remarks and flat out hate –
I’m done rising to that bait.
Fewer sharks, more angel fish –
frankly, that’s my candid wish.

So, for the nonce, if you don’t  mind,
let’s try our hands at being kind.
Honestly, there’s nothing to it.
(Let’s see if we can over-do it.)

PSC / 2018-Nov


No comments:

Post a Comment