Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I’ll Believe It When the Bleeding Stops



I’ll Believe It When the Bleeding Stops

When my name
is just another word
in your mouth,
slipping past your tongue
sans honey, minus quinine;
when our eyes can pass
in a crowded place without
pause – absent guilt
or desire; when most of
concern, and all of pity,
go missing from faces
of our mutual friends;
when your scent ceases to jump-
start this startled heart into trip-
ping sync-
-o-
pation, and the beat goes on
but the bleeding stops, that’s when
(maybe) I’ll believe it’s over

PSC/2012

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, this is a new voice for you!! Or maybe not but the first I've read of it. I really enjoyed this a lot, Pamela. Especially this beginning, "When my name
    is just another word
    in your mouth,
    slipping past your tongue
    sans honey, minus quinine;"

    Excellent!! Smiles to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hannah! I like this one too. :-)

    ReplyDelete