Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

HEADING HOME

photo "manufactured" by PSC 


Heading Home

 

Half past six, we’re tooling

down the highway in our toasty car

through single digit temps;

red and white lights slicing

charcoal inky darkness. 

Your hands on the wheel,

my mind meandering.

 

Over my right shoulder,

Orion keeps company

with a waxing gibbous moon,

while, through the speakers,

a favorite troubadour tries to tell us,

“… anywhere’s a better place to be”;

but, tonight

(you, me, heading home)

 I have to disagree.

 


Wanna hear the song?  Click on the YouTube link below.

Link to: HARRY CHAPIN - "A BETTER PLACE TO BE"

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Pamela, this is so heartfelt!
    Harry was one of my favourites when I was in university, got to see him a couple of times when he came to campus.
    Like how he finished with "All my life's a circle". Great link to share--that album cover is still sitting on a shelf here.
    Did you ever here the tribute album with Springsteen and others? It is great, especially the words from the Boss!
    Have a great day!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A favorite of ours too -- such a great storyteller with music! Will have to look up that tribute album. Thanks, Patricia! :-)

      Delete