Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

SOMETHING YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAY


Something You Don’t See Every Day

Have you ever seen butterflies spread upon bread?
or sat through a Hippo Ballet?
Do you think a skunk might -- if the price was just right –
scent her drawers with skunk cabbage sachet?

Would rainbow trout swim in a blue summer sky?
Could wingtip boots possibly learn how to fly?
Might a blue whale wear pink, do you think, to amuse?                        
Or a mermaid, wear fishnets and salt water shoes?

Would a chorus of hummingbirds hum a whole song?
Could an inchworm grow up to be twelve inches long?
While I’ve never seen any of these up ‘til now
it’s true that I really would like to -- and how!

And, if I ever saw one, I know what I’d say:
“There’s something, by gosh, you don’t see every day!”
 
 

2 comments: