Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Perfidious Poem - PAD Day 11



Perfidious Poem

I know, in this, that I am not alone,
(and wonder if you feel the same way too.)
This is a task I’d much prefer postpone
or better still, perhaps “forget” to do.

While one might choose to rant and rave and rail,
it’s rare to find a rose without some thorns.
‘Tis best, mayhap, that cooler heads prevail.
So I’ll bite the bullet, grab bull by the horns.

Daylight’s burning. Best to get this done.
(I’ve spent more time already, than intended.)
I’d like to finish up before the sun
lets yet another poet be un-friended.

 But, please (yes, pretty please with sugar on it)
Swear you won’t request another sonnet.

PSC / 2017-Apr



 My offering for Day 11 of Robert Lee Brewer's Poem-a-Day (PAD).

Assignment: a sonnet AND/OR an anti-form poem


 

No comments:

Post a Comment