Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fact or Fiction? (2016 April PAD - Day 23)


photo credits below

Fact or Fiction?

Is it so?
Likely we’ll never really know.
(But, truly, does it matter?
While I’d prefer the former,
still, I won’t complain
if it’s the latter.) And anyway,
the tale still resonates today.

Go ahead, I dare you:
Google “Gandhi’s shoes”.
It’s a great story, and you’ve got
nothing to lose.

Maybe fable, maybe fact.
(Who’s to say?)  Either way
I love this yarn of a "Great Soul”
of kindness and compassion --
and (I’ll bet) you will too.
It’s a revealing recital of an event
that really ought to be true.

PSC / 2016


  Penned for Day 23 of Robert Lee Brewer's April PAD (Poem-A-Day) Challenge. 
Assignment: a footwear poem
 For more, check out his site at:  2016-april-pad-challenge-day-23

For ONE version of the Mahatma Gandhi shoe story, check out the following link:
 
 (Or GOOGLE it yourself!)
 
photo credits:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment