Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CAROLING DAYBREAK


photo by PSC / Oct 2010

Caroling Daybreak

Sunrise slips in
sprinkling light, stippling color,
accompanied by robins’ song

Next, rustle of chipmunk,
squirrel and towhee
among last fall’s leaves

crake of redwings amid cattails,
woodpecker percussion,
peepers trill in the pond

Then, chickadee chatter,
cackling of grackles,
phoebes squeaky squawk

Layer by layer the chorus increases –
a symphony of voices, all caroling
in harmonious cacophony


 

6 comments:

  1. NIce one! On my walk tonight, I think thatmI heard caroling nightfall!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I'm sure you did! The symphony never really stops. :-)) Thanks for stopping by, Patricia! I appreciate the company. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Pamela, this is the antidote to my poem on depression, yay! Your description of the layer upon layer of symphonic nature is lovely, plus the sly internal rhymes. And what's a towhee? I'll google it - good to learn something knew every day, I believe. Hey, what a sweet bird! Google had a cute pic. Harmonious cacophony - bliss! Thanks, Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2012/05/01/garden-of-weeds-for-poetic-bloomings/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this one, Amy -- and that you popped in a link for me to check out, too! I'll be over to read and comment. (Loving this game of ping pong!) :-)

      Delete
  3. This is so lovely that I am delighted to re-read and comment again: perfectly crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, thanks for dropping in and commenting, Nurit! Always a pleasure to hear from you! Glad you enjoyed! :)

    ReplyDelete